UMI 1964 GM A-Body Handling Package, 2” Lowering- Stage 3
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Malibu, El Camino
1964 Buick Skylark, Grand Sport, Special
1964 Pontiac Lemans, GTO, Tempest
1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass, 442, F-85
Since its introduction, UMI’s Stage 3 kit has been the choice for GM A-body owners looking to achieve great street manners combined with Pro-Touring handling capability. In this newest revision we’ve refined our parts list to provide the most common options in one convenient package. Simply click and enjoy the performance. Up front you’ll find Delrin lower a-arm bushings for precise steering along with ½” taller upper ball joints to plant that tires contact patch. Out back we include our popular Roto-Joints and an adjustable length upper control arm so the axle can articulate nicely after you’ve perfected the driveline angle. Sway bars are UMI’s tried and true 1-1/4” front and 1” rear for a great front to rear handling balance. We are especially proud to introduce our own ultra-premium springs built from CrSi wire and featuring 530 lb/in front and 130 lb/in linear rates. These carefully selected rates help your car split the difference between a comfortable ride and awesome handling. And what better to control the UMI springs than UMI's hot new SP series monotube shocks. The kit is available in beautiful red or black powder coat and is 100% designed, tested, manufactured and raced out of our shop in Philipsburg, PA – USA.
1964 Vehicle Note: This Kit is designed to work with the factory 1964 rear end. If the vehicle does not have a factory rear end from 1964 and is using a 1965 or newer GM rear end please purchase the kit for 1965-1966 models. The 1964 rear end is the only rear end housing that uses #3005 housing bushings.
- Increased spindle height by 1/2” via tall upper ball joints for improved camber gain and a better contact patch. Works nicely in conjunction with lowering springs.
- Upper a-arms add caster for improved steering feel and straight line stability.
- Lower a-arms feature UMI-built Delrin bushings and accept standard springs or coilovers.
- 1.250” front sway bar for flat cornering, CNC bent from 4140 balanced with 1” solid heat formed rear sway bar.
- UMI SP series shocks feature monotube construction and designed & tuned for optimum ride quality combined with responsive handling.
- UMI springs feature ultra premium CrSi material with linear rates front and rear for consistent handling. (530 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Rear trailing arms feature Poly and Roto-Joints as well as adjustable uppers for setting pinion angle and rear lateral location.
- Roto-Joints allow smooth articulation for improved handling and less bind.
UMI’s Stage 3 Handling Kit Includes:
- #4032 - Tubular lower front a-arms with Delrin bushings.
- #4033-1 - Tubular upper front a-arms with Delrin bushings & ½” taller ball joints.
- #4035 - Heavy duty 1-1/4” front sway bar with new bushings & endlinks.
- #4034 - Solid 1” heat treated rear sway bar.
- #4053 - 2” lowering springs, linear spring rates (530 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- #4038 - Tubular rear lower control arms with Roto-Joint.
- #4039 - Adjustable rear upper control arms with Roto-Joints.
- #4029 - Tubular frame braces with hardware.
- #3005 - Replacement rear end housing bushings.
- #4004 - Front upper & lower Grade 8 hardware kit.
- #4001 - Rear control arm Grade 8 hardware kit.
- (4) UMI SP series shocks, designed & tuned for optimum ride quality combined with responsive handling.
Big Block Engines: An additional 1/4" front end drop may occur on vehicles with full weight big block engines.