Air Suspension System for 1970-1981 Camaro & Firebird
Air suspension for 2nd gen F-body Camaros and Firebirds. Air ride provides ultra-low show stance with modern ride quality and handling. Includes several components that will dramatically improve the suspension geometry to give your old muscle car modern drivability.
- Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles for the tall spindles. The upper ball joints have been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high-speed stability and steering feel. Injection-molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon reduce deflection and stiction.
- Lower StrongArms feature a double sheer lower mount for increased strength. We have also dropped the lower shock mount to increase suspension travel and moved the lower ball joint forward to increase caster settings while keeping the wheel centered in the wheel opening. Injection-molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- HQ Series Shockwaves utilize an impact forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the ride quality and handling via the rebound adjustment knob, located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty.
- Front MucleBar sway bar helps reduce body roll and creates room for wider front tires. Includes easy to install spherical end links with barrel lock nuts. Rate = 430lbs Diameter= 1.375″ Wall Thickness = .250″
Bolt-On 4 Link greatly improves traction, handling and ride quality. Installation does not require the any major modifications to the floor pan and requires only minimal welding to the axle tube. Works with mini-tubs. The R-Joint rod ends combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack!
- Eliminates spring wrap / wheel hop
- Double adjustable upper and lower bars are standard and include R-Joint rod ends
- Adjustable anti-squat to maximize performance on straight line or through the corners (50% to 100%)
- Optimized roll center height for confident cornering
- New adjustable cradle design allows for variable manufacturing tolerances.
- Lower bar mount bolts to factory leaf spring perch