big BLACK friday sale all week! Ridetech, UMI, TCI
- 1968-1972 GM A-Body Handling Package, 2″ Lowering- Stage 1
1968-1972 GM A-Body Handling Package, 2″ Lowering- Stage 1
The Stage 1 is perfect for the A-Body owner who wants a simple and effective suspension upgrade with real handling improvement. This kit includes our trusted 1.250” front sway bar and 1” rear sway bar combined with performance lowering springs and UMI monotube shocks. The sway bars reduce body roll and provide a nice balance when handling at the limit. UMI’s 530 lb/in front springs and 130 lb/in linear springs are precision wound from premium CrSi wire and feature medium stiffness to control body movement and reduce floating while still providing a comfortable ride. The UMI monotube shocks feature a large diameter piston and nitrogen charge to dampen bumps and provide a crisp feel without being harsh. The shock is configured with heavy-duty mounts to ensure durability and fits in the stock location. Choose UMI’s Stage 1 as a 1st step to transforming your A-Body into a capable daily driver or corner carver. Every component in this kit, as with all UMI products, is Made In USA.
Small Block and LS: Small block motors, Pontiac 400 or Big Block with aluminum heads and intake tend to sit level with this kit. Lightweight LS may require spring trimming.
Big Block Engines: An additional 1/4″ front end drop may occur on vehicles with full weight big block engines.
UMI’s Stage 1 Handling Kit Includes:
- #4035 – Heavy duty 1-1/4” CrMo front sway bar with new bushings & endlinks.
- #4034 – Solid 1” heat treated CrMo rear sway bar.
- #4051 – 530 lb/in front springs, 130 lb/in linear rear springs. Premium CrSi construction.
- #S41030 – Front and rear monotube shocks featuring medium compression and medium/high rebound for comfort combined with performance.