1967-69 Geek- Competition Camaro Rear Torque Arm Kit, Flanged Axle
These are MADE TO ORDER.... approx. 4 weeks assembly time
1967-69 Camaro Rear Torque Arm Kit, Flanged Axle
Suspension Geek working with MR Roadster brings you the best torque arm out!
Tested by Robby Unser (the nine-time winner of the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb} and Al Unser Jr (two-time Indianapolis 500 winner) .... yes its true.. we have been racing together for years and are proud to bring a championship tested suspension system
- 100% bolt-in - no cutting of the vehicle to install
- Replaces factory leaf springs with coil-over shocks within a compact design
- Designed ride height is 2" lower than stock, easily adjustable with coil overs
- Lower shock mount has two positions to accommodate multiple length shocks
- Adjustable Panhard bar to control lateral movement and roll center height
- 1-1/4” x .125” wall DOM trailing arms with rebuildable and greaseable 2” Johnny Joints®
- Fabricated steel 9" Ford flanged rear end housing...INCULDED!!!
- 58” overall rear end width, hub face to hub face (unique to 1st gen Camaro) factory is 60 inches
- Includes sub-frame connectors that bolt directly to factory front subframe mounts... INCLUDED
- All hardware included
- Adjustable for near-endless setup variations:
- Ride height
- Roll center by moving the Panhard bar in one of three positions on each end for a 1.75” adjustment at desired ride height
- Instant center using one of three lower arm positions for a 4” total movement
- Pinion angle with serrated hardware (4 degrees of total adjustment)
- Sway bar rate – 11 spring rates to choose from with 650 supplied
- Alignment capability for positive tracking and tire wear
- Designed to complement many front end kits and handle the highest level of load for street, road course, autocross, and Sport/Pro touring applications
- Rear crossmember is made from .120" wall steel tube and is attached to inner frame rails and body
- Front Cross Member is .109” wall and clearance for most transmissions
- Subframe connectors reduces chassis flex and provide a rigid mount for the trailing arms
- Kit works with both stock wheel wells and mini-tubs
- Kit allows room for both OEM fuel tanks or custom fuel cells
- Rear-end housing has sway bar, trailing arm, Panhard bar, and torque arm mounts installed
- Kit includes a 7/8" x 26” solid torsion bar style sway bar.
- Sway bar connects to the rear end housing with 7-1/2" long aluminum arms
- All sway bar links and hardware is included
.... here's a great shot of Suzy getting ready to go lap time to Lap time with Al Unser at the Nationals (she was making sure some spark plugs were disconnected) during testing...