Ridetech CoilOver System for 1968-72 GM "A" Body
This CoilOver System is specifically designed for the 1968-1972 GM "A" Body Platform and includes everything needed to create modern driveability from vintage muscle. The package contains front upper and lower control arms, tall spindles, front & rear MuscleBars, rear StrongArms and 4 HQ Series CoilOvers. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension. RideTech has spent hours collecting data to find a perfect spring rate and components for your vehicle's performance and ride quality. 1968-1972 GM "A" Body includes Chevelle, Cutlass, El Camino, F85, Grand Prix (69-72), GS, GTO, LeMans, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Skylark, Special, Sportwagon, Tempest and Vista Cruiser.
- RideTech Tall Spindles will induce more negative camber gain to maximize tire contact patch during cornering. It also offers a 2” pin drop which allows for the use of longer shocks creating more suspension travel.
- Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles for the tall spindles. The upper ball joint have been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high speed stability and steering feel. Offset slugs are also available for additional caster. Injection molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- Lower StrongArms feature a double sheer lower mount for increased strength. We have also dropped the lower shock mount to increase suspension travel and moved the lower ball joint forward to increase caster settings while keeping the wheel centered in the wheel opening. Injection molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- HQ Series CoilOvers utilize an impact forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the ride quality and handling via the rebound knob, located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty. Brackets are included witht the rear coilovers for easy attachment to the frame and to the 10/12 bolt rearend or Currie 9". Brackets for a Moser rearend are also available. Interested in AutoCross or Road Course Racing?
- Front MucleBar helps reduce body roll and creates room for wider front tires. It includes the PosiLink endlinks that provide immediate engagement between the chassis and control arms. An adjustable rate Rear MuscleBar is also included.
- Rear StrongArms provide added strength to help get the power to the pavement and utilize R-Joint Technology to combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack.